Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Update 1 of who knows how many...

Well, let me first start off to say...


I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow. Only two days into the intern and it's been very busy! I've had a great time meeting the girls here and getting to know them better. Abby is my room mate... though we're more like 'house mates'! We both share the house the Mally's are providing for us. So that's a lot of fun! I went from just wanting my own room to getting a whole house!!! Pretty cool. So we're both being neatnicks. Angel Torberson, you would be proud. =D

Yesterday was pretty busy. Abby and I had our orientation here at the BL Office and got sworn in as official members! Yay! And... along with working here at the office... you have to be able to make coffee. But this isn't your ordinary coffee... this is the REAL STUFF. Any of you think you drink strong coffee?? HA! Think again! Each CUP has two heaping tablespoons packed with starbucks dark roast coffee beans! Uh huh! Ladies... this is coffee. It's as close to mud as it gets. So i'm coming back a changed person... jittery anyways. :P LoL... I used to think I liked fairly strong coffee... but they're teaching me to drink the real stuff. And I'm really starting to like it! All of us are really big coffee drinkers... so our goal is to hit every coffee shop in town. I think from what I've heard... there's probably around 10-15 coffee shops around here. At least 3 starbucks and some other really cute nice ones.

lol, let's see. What else? Oh, I learned how to pack orders yesterday. Nikki, a BL leader I'm sure all of you who went to the conference will remember (she was the pretty blonde who played 'flirtilia' in the skits), helped us learn how to read the order forms and then fill them. Some people buy a ton of stuff! So that was fun.
The office is pretty tricked out thanks to Stephen. He's the techy around here, and does his job really well. He's wired everything here. It's amazing! And I didn't even know he was a professional photographer! He has two cameras, and at least one of them is a Canon 1ds mark III!!! He works for a newspaper in town, and recently got one of his pictures published in the New York Times. I was pretty impressed. So yay! Another photographer to ask a bazillion questions too. And he has a ton of toys. Lots of really nice equipment. And then they've all done an amazing remodeling job in the office. Everything looks so professional and high quality. I meant to take some pictures today... but we were busy as usual. So maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

Abby and I had a pretty funy evening. After we got off work, we headed out to shop for groceries for out kitchen! We've already planned out our meals for the next two weeks... so that shud keep us good until then. We usually only have to really worry about dinner at our house... cuz we just grab some breakfast early before we head to the office and then we pack lunches or go out to get something. Grace and I are running monday, wednesday, and friday. So I have to get up extra early to get everything done before we leave. Anyway, so Abby and I went shopping around 5:40ish and then stopped at some consignment shops looking for cool coffee mugs for Grace and other stuff we thought of. We finally finished at Walmart around 9:30 and decided there was no point going back home and making something for dinner.... so we went out to McDonald's for dinner at 10! A little late... but better late than never I guess. =P We got home and spent time cleaning up the kitchen and organizing drawers and shelves. So now we've finally settled down... and we're both finishing up a few personal things, and then I'm going to bed! I'm exhausted!

Oh! And last night, we had our BL meeting with all the girls who live in Cedar Rapids. There were about 60 I think. So we had a good sized group. I took some pictures, but since I just took my exilim with me too the meeting, and I didn't want to distract the girls with flash... they didn't turn out so well. But at least you can see the basic idea. I'll bring my 40D with me next time so I can get a few better shots. :) Sorry I haven't gotten many pictures up yet... I just haven't gotten the time to take very many good ones. I'll try more this week... but here's some (gross, bad, yucky, stupid point and shoot's!) in the meantime. =P

Well, I'm pretty wasted, so I better get to bed. I love you all and miss you BUNCHES! The time still seems to be moving slowly... so maybe things will pick up. Thank you soo much for all your prayers and support!! It means a lot to me. TTYL!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized... (hits head)... I don't have the usb cord for my exilim. (groan!) SO just hang tight on the pictures. I'll take my slr with me tomorrow and upload those tomorrow.

3 comments:

Emily Mitton said...

lol, I love how you write, Sarah! Cracks me up! Glad things are going well... keep us updated! :) :) Miss you, too!!


(p.s. I'm craving that coffee.. sounds way too cool. Bring some to me in Chicago!!!)

Daniel and Rachel said...

Wow sounds like a cool place...keep us updated!! :)

Amy said...

Aww...miss you so much, Sarah!!

(two n's in funny...you miss me too, right?!?!)

Sounds like you're having a great time...keep us posted!! (Wait...no pun intended!!) Lol!! Love you!!